No Way Renee: The Second Half of My Notorious Life book written by Renee Richards relesead on 2007-03-26 and published by Simon & Schuster. This is one of the best Subjects Book that contains 324 pages, you can find and read online or download ebook ISBN 9781416538509.
How To Read Online No Way Renee Second Notorious EbookTo read online No Way Renee Second Notorious Book you need to do following steps:
- Signup to Playster for free 30 days trial.
- Fill the registation form such as email, name, address etc.
- After registration successfully they will sent you email confirmation that you want to read book with ISBN 9781416538509.
- Go to your email that you use on registation and click on confirmation link.
- Now your account has been confirm and you can read online No Way Renee Second Notorious Ebook on their platform.
- If you love to read No Way Renee Second Notorious book on your smartphone or tablet you can download Playster App which is available for iOS and Android.
Advantages Read No Way Renee Second Notorious Book On Playster
Playster is a multimedia subscription service owned by Playster Corporation. The corporation has offices in New York and the UK. The service offers a combination of books, audiobooks, movies, music and games and calls itself "The Netflix of Everything". During FREE 30 DAYS TRIAL, this is what you can do with playster service:
- Beside reading "No Way Renee Second Notorious" Book, you can access more than 250,000++ ebook on their library.
- Access hundred thousands amazing audiobooks from any genre and category.
- Unlimited streaming movies more than hundred thousands title anytime, anywhere.
- Listening millions musics collections from their playlist as much as you want.
- Playing online games on your PC, Mac, Tablet or Smartphone.
- Access playster content on up to six different devices.
- Access the service via a web browser or through the smartphone App, which is available for IOS and Android.
- If you are using the latest version of the Playster app for iOS or Android, you can enjoy content without the need for an internet connection. The Playster app lets you download and save all of your favorite music, books, audiobooks and movies to your mobile device so you can enjoy them anytime, anywhere.
- If you are satisfied with the service, you can continue your subscription with only $1.95 / month for all services (books, audiobooks, movies, music and games) or $0.5 / month for single service.
- If you are not satisfied with their service, you can cancel your subscription anytime, unsubscribe without additional charges.
No Way Renee Second Notorious Book PreviewIn 1975, at the age of forty, Richard Raskind, a renowned eye surgeon and highly ranked amateur tennis player, "died," and Renée Richards was "born," in what was to become the most public and highly scrutinized sex reassignment to date. It was not until Renée Richards was discovered playing in an amateur tennis tournament that the world took notice. Extensive media coverage and criticism thrust Renée reluctantly into the spotlight, sparking an intense public debate over her private life. Now, at seventy-two, Richards looks back and speaks frankly about all aspects of her complicated and often notorious life in this eye-opening, thought-provoking memoir.
Richards' honest and compelling narrative explores the dichotomy between the successful life she lived as Dr. Richard Raskind, who seemed to have everything (devoted friends, a beautiful wife and son, a stellar record of academic and professional achievement, and outstanding athletic ability), and a secret life of struggle with a drive that could not be suppressed, even by years of psychotherapy and the force of a considerable will.
Richards takes readers through her difficult decision to undergo surgery and the complex mixture of relief and continued frustration that came with the realization of her new identity. Discussing life after her transformation, Richards candidly relates the details, trials, and pleasures of her romantic life as well as fascinating stories about her tennis career, including her experiences as Martina Navratilova's coach. She also provides an intimate account of her difficult but rewarding relationship with her rebellious son: runaway teenager, high-stakes Vegas gambler, karate champion, and entrepreneur. She describes the deterioration of a once-loving marriage and the challenges of reclaiming her place at the forefront of her demanding medical specialty.
Having lived as a woman almost as long as she lived as a man, Richards draws on a personal history that illuminates thirty years of remarkable change in society's attitude toward gender issues. Her absorbing and inspiring story, at once heartbreaking and uplifting, is a testimony to how far we have progressed in our ability to discuss and accept sexuality in all its iterations, as well as a reminder of how far we still must travel.